Svarga Dvidasana – The Bird of Paradise Pose
What is Svarga Dvidasana – The Bird of Paradise Pose?
It is also called the Bird of Paradise Pose.It challenges your focus and balance.It improves your sense of balance.This pose strengthens the legs,improves balance and opens the groin and hamstrings.
Svarga Dvidasana Steps
1. Start in bound extended side angle pose.
2. Turn your gaze to the floor and step the back foot forward so that the feet are parallel at the front of the mat. While you do this,keep the bind.
3. Shift your weight onto your free leg (the unbound one).
4. Slowly bring yourself up to standing, lifting the bound leg up with you.
5. When you feel steady, extend the bound leg leg to a straight position. Take your gaze to the other shoulder.
6. To come out, slowly lower the bound leg to the floor. Step the free leg at the back of the mat.
7. Repeat on the other side.
Svarga Dvidasana Benefits
1. It strengthens the legs.
2. It stretches the groin.
3. It opens up hips.
4. It improves balance and flexibility.
Svarga Dvidasana Dos and Don’ts
If you suffer from migraine, asthma, diarrhoea then don’t perform this asana.Stop whenever you find the need to release the bind.