Sukhasana – The Easy Pose
What is Sukhasana – – The Easy Pose?
Here the Sanskrit words ‘Sukha’ means ‘pleasure’ or ‘happiness’ and ‘asana’ means ‘posture’.
1. Sit down on the yoga mat on the floor and stretch your legs in front of you.
2. Bend your left knee and fold it in such a manner that the sole of your left feet is placed on the inner side of your right thigh.
3. Bend your right knee in such a manner that the sole of your right feet is placed on the inner side of your left calf muscle.
5. Look straight in front and keep your arms and shoulders firm.
6. Place your hands on your knees in such a way that the palms should rest on the knees.
7. Here we can also perform Gyan Mudra with your hands. This is a perfect mudra for chanting ‘om’ or doing Pranayam or for just relaxation purpose.
8. Remain steady in this position for as long as you want. You can practice this yoga asana for 10 to 15 minutes depending upon your capacity.
9. Include this asana everyday as the first asana in your yoga session.
1. It strengthens the back and stretches the spine.
2. It stretches the knees and ankles.
3. It opens the hips, groin and outer thigh muscles.
4. It reduces stress and anxiety.
5. It brings calmness to your mind.
6. It broadens the collarbones and chest.
7. It improves posture.
Sukhasana Dos and Don’ts
People suffering from lower back pain or injury are advised not to do this asana.Also, people suffering from knee injury or pain are suggested to not to do this asana.
Related Yoga Articles