Sucirandhrasana – Eye of the Needle Pose
What is Sucirandhrasana?
It is also known as Eye of the Needle Pose.It is a hip opener exercise.
1. Lie on your Back. Bend your knees and let the soles of your feet fall flat on the floor.
2. Hug your left knee into your chest.
3. Cross the left ankle over your body and rest it on the right thigh.
4. Let the left knee relax away from your torso.
5. Bring both your hands to your right shin, lifting your right foot off the floor and threading your left hand through your legs to do so.
6. Using your hands, draw your right thigh towards your chest. This will cause your left hip to open.
7. Keep both the feet flexed.
8. Stay in this pose for 20 to 30 seconds and then release.
9. Repeat on the other side.
1. It stretches the shoulders and opens up the chest.
2. It stretches the neck, arms and back.
3. It strengthens the arms.
4. It helps in detoxification and help in digestion.
5. It increases relaxation.
Sucirandhrasana Dos and Don’ts