Setu Bandha Sarvangasana – Bridge Pose
What is Setu Bandha Sarvangasana – – Bridge Pose?
Its Sanskrit ‘Setu’ means ‘bridge’, ‘Bandha’ means ‘lock’,’Sarva’ means ‘all’, ‘anga’ means ‘limb’ and ‘asana’ means ‘posture’.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Steps
1. Lie down on your back in a straight position.
2. Place your hands besides your body and keep your legs straight.
3. Bend your knees in such a manner that your feet touch the ground.
4. The distance between your feet and bottom should be the same as that of between hands and feet.
5. Now raise your body and lift your hips and waist in the upward direction.
6. When you lift your body upwards your chin directly touches the Jalandhara Bandha which again gives you various benefits.
7. Stay in this position for 30 to 45 seconds and then release. Relax now.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Benefits
1. It gives a good stretch and massage to your whole body.
2. It helps in reducing fat from your body.
3. It helps in toning the muscles of the thighs.
4. It strengthens the lower back, spine, hips and buttocks.
5. It helps in relieving one from stress and strain.
6. It also helps in enhancing digestion.
8. It increases lung capacity.
9. It makes your body flexible and removes stiffness from your body.
10. It can be good cure for asthma and hypertension.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Dos and Don’ts
In case if you suffer from any kind of neck injury or neck pain then don’t perform this asana. If you suffer from knee injury or upper back pain or lower back pain ten also you are advised not to perform this asana.
Related Yoga Articles