Anulom Vilom Pranayama Procedure And Benefits
What is Anulom Vilom Pranayama?
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is also known as Nadi Shodhan Pranayama or alternate nostril breathing. With the help of Anulom Vilom Pranayama, the whole nervous system is purified.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Procedure
2. Close your right nostril with your right thumb.
3. Breathe in from your left nostril. Hold the breath for couple of seconds.
4. Open right nostril and close left nostril with middle and ring finger.
5. Breathe out from right nostril.
6. Breathe in from right nostril, close the right nostril.
7. Open left nostril and breathe out.
8. Repeat once again step 1 through 7.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Benefits
1. Cleans up and tones up the entire nervous system.
2. It is also beneficial in migraine and chronic sinus problems.
3. It strengthens the heart. Improves blood circulation and breathing capacity.
4. It helps in removing mental tension and worries.
6. Removing of artery blockages and maintenance of cholesterol levels are other Anulom Vilom benefits.
7. It also helps in weight loss.
8. It helps the face to become bright.
9. It maintains the healthy functioning of digestive system and cures all digestive diseases.
10. It helps in overcoming depression.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama after eating
The best time to practice this breathing exercise is considered to be early in the morning before your breakfast. You can also practice it after giving a gap of five hours after eating.
Anulom Vilom Pranayam during Pregnancy
However, performing this breathing exercise is considered to be avoided at the time of pregnancy.Also, during periods one should avoid doing this Pranayama.It puts pressure on the entire nasal passage and shortness of breath can also occur.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama and Anxiety
Anulom Vilom offers benefits in curing most of the internal body conditions and is very useful in releasing stress and anxiety. It cures, cleanses and tones up the entire nervous system and thus, helps the doer to relieve himself/herself from the stress and anxiety of today’s modern times.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Alternate Nostril Breath
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is also known as Alternate Nostril Breath. Due to the breathing that occurs from alternate nostril breathing pattern it is called as Alternate Nostril Breathing too.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama and Blood Pressure
People who suffer from high blood pressure or low blood pressure are recommended to not to do this breathing exercise. People who have uncontrolled blood pressure disease should avoid this breathing technique as it can put pressure on the entire nervous system which can prove harmful for the body.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama benefits for hair
Anulom Vilom Pranayama proves beneficial to the growth of lustrous hair. This is because it enhances a good blood circulation to the head and scalp. It gives out good circulation the scalp and thus massaging the hair follicles to become stronger and gives out good growth to hair.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Duration
You can perform this exercise for 15 minutes while taking a minute rest after every 5 minutes.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Diabetes
Anulom Vilom Pranayama cures a disease called diabetes .It helps in controlling the blood sugar in one’s body. It also helps in insulin production.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Side effects
There are no side effects of Anulom Vilom Pranayama.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama for eyes
As this pranayama enhances the capacity of blood circulation in the whole body and the head region.Thus, it helps in giving a clear vision for our eyes also. The proper blood circulation towards the head enhances a clear and much better vision.