The four major culprits of hairfall are stress, hormonal imbalance, digestive problems and inadequate nutrition. Instead of weird home-made solutions or expensive salon treatments, we look at yoga and nutritious food for help. They will not only promote good healthier hair but will also add glow to your skin and a fit and fabulous body. Yoga will also keep our vital power intact. If we are aware of our health then we will avoid the ageing process. Internal sanitation should be done at all times. We should adopt moderation in our food habits and daily life.
Don’t let stress kill the health of your hair
Overcome stress with some breathing exercises.Pranayam is considered one of the best exercises to kill stress. Especially the anulom vilom where you breathe in from one nostril and exhale from the other is preferred for reducing stress in one’s life.
3 Asanas which prove beneficial for your hair
Yoga recommends 3 asanas for boosting circulation to your scalp.Sirsasana-where you balance your entire body on your head,Sarvangasana-balancing your body on your head and shoulders by placing your hips on the palms of your hands and Utrasana(the camel pose)-where you bend backwards as you kneel and and hold the heels of your feet with your hands.
The above mentioned 3 asanas provide a good flow of blood to the scalp, face and thyroid thereby giving a healthy shine to your hair, giving a youthful glow to your skin and curing any hormonal imbalances.
An upset stomach is also bad for hair too
If you have an upset stomach or constipation then also the scalp loses hair. For curing constipation, pawanmuktasana helps a lot. To do this, lie on the floor breathe in as you breathe out; hug your knees to your chest. This asana along with utrasana (the camel pose) is very good for digestion and metabolism.
Deficiency of certain vitamins and fats also causes hairfall. The suggestions given below will provide many other benefits, which will not only provide boost to our hair but also to our health in general.
Right kind of food intake
1. Vitamin A and E are must for healthy hair. Other essential nutrients are Vitamin B complex, B12, Vitamin C, protein and carbohydrates. The foods that are rich in the above mentioned nutrients are:
Vitamin A – Pumpkin, spinach, carrot and dried apricot
Vitamin E – Wheatgerm, coconut, avocado and almonds
Healthy fats to absorb Vitamin A and E – Kachi ghani tel, extra virgin olive oil, mustard oil and coconut oil. Omega -3 fatty acids such as oily fish, walnuts and flaxseeds are also good.
Vitamin B complex – Wheat and Rice
Vitamin C – Berries like amla, guava, oranges and lemon.
2. We should also eat lots of green leafy vegetables like spinach and all other seasonal vegetables.
3. Vegetable juice and soups are good for blood formation. Everything in our body depends on a good blood circulation. We should eat such kind of food that doesn’t tax our digestive system.
4. Seasonal fruits should also be a part of our daily life.
5. Intake of sprouts helps in easy digestion.
What to avoid
1. Maida and dishes which are deep fried.
2. Sweets made up of white sugar.
3. Soft drinks, tea and coffee.
4. Highly spicy food.
If the healthy regime of yoga, pranayam and a good healthy diet is followed on a regular basis, then it will accelerate the process of revival of hair.