Tips to get rid of Sweaty Feet
Sweaty Feet Meaning
As summer approaches, sweaty feet becomes a common problem with many people.Hyperhidrosis is the excessive sweating of the feet. It is more common in young adults and in men than women.
Causes of Sweaty Feet
Excessive sweating feet seems to be an inherited problem. When people become warm or it is hot outside then people tend to sweat more. People with hyperhidrosis sweat most of the times.
Symptom of Sweaty Feet
The most common symptom is that the feet sweat excessively. Some people seat so much that they slip inside their shoes. The feet may will have whitish wet appearance. Sometimes it can also be accompanied by infections. Foot odour is also very common.
Tips to keep stinky feet at bay are as follows:
1. Use an anti-bacterial soap while washing your feet. Dry the area between the toes and dry the feet completely. Infection can occur between the toes if they are not dried properly.
2. Try to use a cotton wool dipped in surgical spirit to wipe your feet after a shower or bath. The surgical spirit helps to dry the skin between the fingers of your feet even after drying them with a towel.
3. Before you put on your socks put antiperspirant on your feet. Foot perspiration is reduced by applying antiperspirants.
4. Use foot powder to dust your feet. The odour will be reduced and excessive sweat will be absorbed by using the foot powder after antiperspirant.
5. Try to wear cotton socks. Natural fibres allow more air to reach the feet.
6. Try to change your socks quite frequently. When your socks feel wet with sweat, wash your feet immediately and put on a fresh pair of socks. Keep baby wipes handy when you are in public places or office so as to wipe the damp feet.
7. Soak your feet into a solution of water with half cup of vinegar for 15 minutes to reduce perspiration. Vinegar acts as an astringent and also as an exfoliator.You will experience dryness for hours after soaking your feet into this solution.Also, the acid in the vinegar neutralizes the odour-causing bacteria.
8. Wear leather or canvas shoes as they let your feet breathe. Don’t wear the plastic ones.
9. Try to remain barefoot as often as possible as this will allow your feet to breathe properly and wear sandals and open-toed shoes. Exposing your feet to the natural environment will help in reduction of sweaty feet.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Sweaty Feet
A physical exam of the feet will be done by the podiatrist to see the excessive sweating of the feet. A podiatrist can also do the starch-iodine test to confirm the sweating of the feet.
Treatment options are done as per the symptoms present. Roll-on antiperspirants can be applied on the feet direcly.Severe cases of sweaty feet can be treated with a surgical procedure called sympathectomy.
Prevention of Sweaty Feet
Good foot hygiene can prevent foot odour and sweaty feet. It can also prevent foot infections.