Top Yoga Poses
Here are the Top Yoga Poses to keep you healthy and to stretch and strengthen your muscles.
Trikonasana Yoga Poses
1. Stand straight. Place your feet wide apart at a distance of 4 ft.
2. Turn your right foot at 90 degrees and left foot in by 15 degrees.
3. Now align your centre of your right heel with the centre of the arch of left foot.
4. Make sure that your feet are pressing on the ground and weight of your body is equally balanced on both the feet.
5. Inhale and exhale deeply, and as you exhale, bend your body to the right, downwards from the hips, keeping the waist straight, placing your left hand in the air while your right hand comes down towards the floor. Keep both the arms in a straight line.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Yoga Poses
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is also known as Nadi Shodhan Pranayama or alternate nostril breathing. With the help of Anulom Vilom Pranayama, the whole nervous system is purified
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Procedure
1. Close your eyes and relax. Sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
2. Close your right nostril with your right thumb.
3. Breathe in from your left nostril. Hold the breath for couple of seconds.
4. Open right nostril and close left nostril with middle and ring finger.
5. Breathe out from right nostril.
6. Breathe in from right nostril, close the right nostril.
7. Open left nostril and breathe out.
8. Repeat once again step 1 through 7.
Supta Vajrasana Yoga Poses
Vajrasana steps: The technique for doing Vajrasana is as follows:
1. Sit on the yoga mat and fold your legs as shown in the picture.
2. Keep your back erect and close your eyes.
3. Keep the right palm on the right knee and left palm on the left knee.
4. Take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
5. When you exhale try to think that all your toxins are coming out from your body.
6. Repeat these steps for 5 minutes and take rest. You can gradually increase the time for 15 minutes.
Shavasana Yoga Poses
The procedure to do Shavasana is as follows:
1. Lie on your back and close your eyes.
2. Keep your legs comfortable apart and let your knees and feet relax completely.
3. Place your arms on either side with palms facing upward.
4. Slowly relax your entire body by shifting your attention to different parts of body.
5. Start the procedure by shifting your attention first to the right foot, then move on to the right knee, and then move your attention to the other leg. Slowly move upwards towards your head, relaxing each part of the body.
6. Keep breathing slowly and breathe in as much as you can for relaxing your whole body. The inhalation will energise you and the exhalation will relax yourself. Drop all anxiousness and hurry to do something urgently and be with the body and the breath. Surrender the whole body to the floor and let go all worries of your life slowly and steadily. Don’t fall asleep during the process.
7. After a gap of 10-20 minutes, keeping your eyes closed, roll on your right side. Lie in that position for a minute or so. Then taking the support of your right hand, sit in Sukhasana.
8. Keep your eyes closed and take few deep breaths as you become gradually aware of your body and environment. When you feel complete, slowly open your eyes.
Surya Namaskar Yoga Poses
Surya Namaskar Steps
Surya namaskar is a yoga that comprises of 12 yoga postures. It should be followed in specific sequence with normal breathing pattern. It helps an individual to rejuvenate himself and unblocks his whole system. It reduces fat from almost all parts of the body and tones the different muscles of the body. The steps are as follows:
1. Step1: Stand with your feet together and fold your hands in front of your chest. Close your eyes and chant the mantra ‘Om mitraye namah’.
2. Step 2: Raise your arms over your head and shoulders with the palms touching each other and biceps touching your ears. Stretch your abdomen and lean backwards. Chant ‘Om Khagaye namah’.
3. Step 3: Bend forward and place your hands at the side of your feet. Touch your knee with forehead and chant ‘Om suryaye namah’.
4. Step 4: Take one leg back and place the other leg in the front with palms touching the floor. Raise your head and inhale while chanting ‘Om Bhanuvaye namah’.
5. Step 5: Bring the leg which was in the backward position equal to the forward one and push your hips off the floor with both your hands supporting the body in a push up position. Exhale and chant ‘Om ravi namah’.
6. Step 6: Lower your knees, chest and forehead with your palms firmly on the floor next to your chest and elbows bent upwards. Chant ‘Om pushnae namah’.
7. Step 7: Lower your waist and raise your upper body. Keep your arms straight and look upwards. Chant ‘Om hiranya garbhaya namah’.
8. Step 8: Raise your hips and bring your head to the floor. Let the eyes be on the navel and heels on the floor. Chant ‘Om marichye namah’.
9. Step 9: This posture is same as the posture in Step 4.Inhale and Chant ‘Om adityaya namah’.
10. Step 10: In this step the posture is same as the Step 3. Inhale and chant ‘Om savitre namah’.
11. Step 11: This posture is same as Step 2.Inhale and chant ‘Om arkaya namah’.
12. Step 12: This step is the final step of the surya namaskar and is similar to Step 1.Chant ‘Om bhaskaryaye namah’.