Skin or the epidermal layer is the best sign of good health. So, to ensure you have a glowing skin, keep your body healthy. Easier said than done, especially given our modern ways. Given that you are free of ailments, keeping your skin glowing and healthy is a matter of following these simple steps:
- Manage stress: Tension causes the protective layer of skin to crack,allowing in bacteria and other foreign bodies leading to skin conditions like acne, psoriasis and eczema. To keep stress at ahealthy level, learn breathing exercises to ensure oxygen rich blood pumps through the body; prioritize, choose what’s most important in your day, do those things and manage the rest on weekends and then learn to ask for help or say NO; make time for leisure, do things that make you happy.
- Soak in the sun, not UV: Bronze skin is a gift. While tanning helps achieve similar results naturally, it comes at a cost if skin is left unprotected from UV rays, which cause dark spots, wrinkles blotchiness and leathery skin. Apply a mild sunscreen, and reapply every 2 hours and stay in shade in mid-noon. Your facial skin is especially delicate, use a hat while tanning.
- Eat well, drink well: And we talk of healthy salads, low-fat food with plenty of water! A well balanced diet of greens, dairy, protein and whole grains are your best friends. Drink 10 glasses of water a day and go nuts over nuts and berries. Say no to sugar, the end result is never sweet.
- Sleeping ritual: Sleeping is body’s rejuvenation time, so allow your body at least 6 hours of sleep a day, but never before washing yourface clean of dust, pollution and make-up.
- Finally, don’t smoke since it damages collagen and elastin, the elixir of youth.