Moisture’s great for hair, but an excess during the monsoons means hair can’t breathe, making the roots weak. From the water weighs your hair down straining the roots to the humidity that makes hair misbehave. Hair care becomes all important for your crowning glory during monsoon. While massaging hair with hot oil works wonders in winters, this hair care tip won’t work at all in monsoon. In fact, it’ll only damage the hair roots. So what can one do? The approach is simple internal and external care. Here are some simple monsoon hair care tips so that you can enjoy the season to the fullest:
- Since hair is made of protein, ensure that you maintain a balanced protein diet; beans, legumes, tofu, eggs and meat.
- A portion of good seasonal fruits, green leafy vegetables, cereals and coconut water in your diet must be included.
- Pull your hair together in a soft band rather than using any metallic clips or tight knots as they tend to break your hair and cause split ends.
- Don’t opt for any chemical treatment on hair during monsoon as the chemicals used on the hair react adversely with the rain water leading to severe damages. Also, don’t leave gels and other products on for long.
- Protect your hair from monsoon rain as the atmospheric pollution gets washed down with rain and this is harmful for your scalp and hair.
- Keep hair dry to avoid fungal infection and shampoo regularly