There are a number of anti-dandruff shampoo brands available in India. These are available in local grocery shops, malls, as well as OTC products in chemist shops,
- CLEAR from Hindustan Unilver which contains Nutrium 10 containing pro-vitamins, sunflower oil extract and minerals.
- Matrix BIOLAGE SCALP THERAPIE which contains extracts of kola nut and mint which acts on the dandruff but keeps the hair texture normal.
- NIZORAL from Johnson & Johnson which contains Ketoconazole as its active principle. This is an antifungal shampoo and treats dandruff due to fungal infection of scalp.
- CIPLA 8X anti-dandruff shampoo is a prescription shampoo recommended by dermatologists. It contains Zinc Pyrithione, Cicloprix and Aloe Vera extracts. It significantly reduces scalp itching.
- PANTENE PRO V Anti dandruff shampoo contains zinc pyrithione and a pro-vitamin complex.
- HIMALAYA anti-dandruff shampoo is a herbal formulation and contains tea tree oil, Holy basil extracts and soapberry which are natural antidandruff agents.
- Blossom Kochhar’s CHINA ROSE AROMA MAGIC is a herbal based anti-dandruff shampoo which is a very mild shampoo and recommended for frequent use.
- HEAD AND SHOULDERS antidandruff shampoo from Procter and Gamble contains zinc pyrithione as its active principle and is marketed as containing HydraZinc formula.
All the leading FMCG players have their own brands of anti-dandruff shampoos and share a healthy market in the Indian Beauty and wellness industry.